Monday, July 20, 2009

final test

This morning, we had our final test in Ukrainian class. Our grades for the program aren't directly connected to how we do--they're based more on participation and dilligence, as best I understand, but all the same, my brain's pretty much dead. 10 pages or so, composed of 50 multiple-choice grammar questions (ugh), two reading passages and one listening passage with multiple-choice questions, and a writing section where we a) read a passage and wrote short answers to questions and b) wrote a short essay (15-20 sentences). I realized partway through the essay that if I would stop writing complex and compound sentences, I'd finish 15 sentences much more quickly; my thoughts are ahead of my writing ability. We get our results tomorrow.

Other than that, not much else...I've been watching a lot of Doctor Who on my laptop, and I really should start packing, which will not be all that much fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been reading your posts on your experience in an effort to make a decision to apply for the Peace Corps. Your experiences are fascinating and seem life changing. I hope to be over there next year myself. Keep blogging! Anne Biesel-Ament

Sally said...

Hi Anne! So glad to hear from you and that you're enjoying my blog! I love the quirkiness of life (as I'm sure you can tell) and hope that your plans to go abroad work out. :)

Sally