Monday, July 14, 2008

apparently after 7 months, I've slipped back into the habit of driving

Tonight was the Townie Street Party to kick off the Ann Arbor Art Fairs (have I mentioned how much I love the fact that there's always something going on in Ann Arbor? because I do), so various local businesses/services had booths set up. At the Ann Arbor Transit Authority (AATA) booth, the woman asked me, "So are you a mass transit user?"

Yes, ironically, since my car died yesterday when I was up in Lakeview for the Behrenwald reunion and it's going to be up there at least throughout this week so it can be fixed. I'm going to be dependent on my bike and the bus system (which fortunately is doable in A2). It's just sort of annoying, although better that my car die in Lakeview than on a major freeway between here and Lakeview. I biked home from work today (Mom having dropped me off this morning on her way home, as she had driven me down here last night so I could be to work today), and found it to be mighty tiring. I think I'll just plan to bike to the bus stop on the other side of Central Campus that goes past my work, bus up there and back, and then bike home.

The woman was giving out buttons that read "Dump the Pump--RIDE TRANSIT," so I took one. Maybe I'll even wear it this week.

Sigh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that your car died...If you're thinking of getting rid of it, I can recommend a great place that will buy it off you regardless of the condition.

It's a place called www.junkacar.com

LOL

Best of luck in the future!