Monday, May 5, 2008

be not dismayed, whate'er betide--God will take care of you

I feel richly blessed with furniture tonight (and exhausted from moving it). The guy in the apartment above me moved out today, and he told me that I could have any of the furniture he left behind. So I have a couch (still up there, until I dispose of the futon I had), a table, a coffee table, a TV with DVD player built in, a stool, a computer desk chair, and a really, really nice mattress and box springs. Nikki, the girl across the hall, helped me move it all downstairs.

So, for having picked a place more or less at random off of Craigslist, this apartment has worked out to be a really good deal. Not overly expensive, good neighborhood, and now, lots of furniture for free.

Teaching...it's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying it. I have two classes of 2 to 3 1/2-year-olds, who come with a parent, one class of 3 1/2 to 5-year-olds, and one class of 4 1/2 to 6-year-olds. I'm sure I'll have lots of good teaching stories this summer, but tonight I'm too tired for them. As I said to Mom on the phone, I didn't go for a walk tonight, but I think I still got my exercise in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we have a box of Stuff To Be Given Away, Donated, Or Recycled. and since you're in town, and since you've also just moved, i thought i'd give you first dibs on anything in that box. if you're interested. it's mostly stuff like plastic cups and extra coffee mugs.