Wednesday, February 27, 2008

for your interest/amusement/something to do

The rest of my time in Lansing was much less uneventful, thank goodness. This week I've been substitute teaching, and today the Quiz Bowl team I'm coaching has a match up to Chippewa Hills, so I'm driving up there in a bit. I get to drive the JV team home, so that should be...um...exciting. Hopefully not too much so.

Since I don't seem to have particularly interesting posts these days, mostly due to the lack of Blogger access at home/lots of thinking going on in my head that's not so postable/my suspicion that maybe you aren't all dying to hear of my adventures with rolled fondant in cake decorating class (so much fun!), here's a survey to entertain you all.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
Supervisor for MSU summer cleaning crew, TEFL teacher with Peace Corps, reporter for the Lakeview Area News, substitute teacher

There is no B). I don't know why.

C) Places I have lived:
Lakeview, MI; East Lansing, MI; Zgurivka, Ukraine; Balaklia, Ukraine

D) TV Shows that I watch:
1. LOST
2. right now, that's it

E) People who e-mail me (semi-regularly):
1. Jason
2. Tif
3. Facebook :)

F) Four of my favorite foods:
1. fettuccine alfredo
2. homemade bread
3. blueberry pie with graham cracker crust
4. plov (homesick for UA alert!)

G) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Milwaukee
2. Balaklia
3. any place with warmer weather and no snow
4. East Lansing/although here's not that bad

H) Four friends that I think will respond: meh. Feel free to, or not, as it suits you.

I) Things I am looking forward to:
1. the weekend after this one (Jason visiting/my birthday)
2. spring!!!
3. grad school

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would be interested in hearing your adventures with fondant. here is why: i like baking (although i'm not too keen on eating cakes), and also because i have to think about wedding cakes, as i need to have one of some sort. i actually watched two shows about cakes the other night (bored. jeff works second shift, i work first). it was actually quite interesting to see the stuff these people can do.

Anonymous said...

For Cary: Fondant is in some ways easier to work with than frosting because it's easy to mold and hard to screw up, but (in my opinion, anyhow) it actually tastes quite nasty. (I took all three levels of Wilton cake decorating classes a few years back.)

For Sally: I would be interested in hearing your adventures with fondant. :-) It brings back fond memories of my cake decorating classes.