Monday, May 18, 2009

the lilacs are in bloom

I could blog and blog, but I had enough other things to do on the computer that it isn't really feasible. However, apparently I may be able to sent up wireless (or some equivelent) through a type of flash drive that uses a phone card. I really don't understand it, but I'm hopeful.

~*~

Story for Tif, who remembers Lilia Kotlar at age 3, and her unwillingless to let me go home after I'd visited them:

I went to the Kotlars's church last night (along with Vitaly, Valera, Ruslan, and Liza...we goofed and got there an hour early...), and when Lilia (now age 6) saw me, she ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

"You remember me?" I asked, since the younger Yukhymets kids don't (Snizhanna likes to be reminded of the things that she did to me, like try to take my glasses and bop me on the head).

"You're Miss Sally!" she said, and then cuddled up next to me for the whole service.

At one point, she whispered to me, "Are you here for always?"

"No, I'm just visiting," I told her.

Very seriously, she said, "I'm not letting you go."

I felt loved.

~*~

I ended up spending the night at the Kotlars', and talked and giggled with Natasha (age 17 already!) until 1 a.m. She gave me a backrub to rival Tina's.

~*~

The Y kids really deserve their own blog post. Suffice it to say, I love being a big sister, but I don't want 12 kids of my own. I think my favorite time of the day is in the evening, when Liza and Valera say, "Let's sing," and we all (that is, the younger kids and I...the older ones are too cool for that) sing while I play the piano.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

On a completely unrelated note, in case you haven't seen it already, Dollhouse got renewed. Yay!

Tifanni said...

:) Oh 6 year olds pulling on you...... Just beware if she starts asking for your schedule!